Strategic Earth Consulting invites well-qualified individuals to join our team as an Associate. As a valued member of our team, the candidate will support a range of community outreach, communications, creative problem-solving, alternative dispute resolution, and multi-stakeholder engagement projects. The position provides an opportunity to work on natural resource management initiatives throughout California.
- Expertise in Natural Resources: Working knowledge of and training in natural resource issues especially as they relate to marine and climate policy, research, and human dimensions
- Making Connections: Have a passion for connecting communities, organizations, and individuals with environmental policy and decision-making
- Power of Conversation: An effective communicator, both in the written and verbal form
- Self-starter and Organizational Rock Star: Detail-oriented and organized with the ability to take initiative, resolve problems, and efficiently work on multiple projects for multiple clients
- Flexible and Adaptive: You’re a good team member with a positive attitude who leans in and is comfortable learning in real-time
- Excellence: Committed to exceeding the expectations of our clients and the greater community
The ability to maintain a neutral, non-advocacy approach in relation to project subject matter and a strong, personal commitment to the mission and the values of Strategic Earth is essential. This position will work remotely (i.e., home office). Limited travel (local, regional) may be required.
PREFERRED EDUCATION & TRAINING: Master’s degree or Doctor of Philosophy in marine science, social science, ecology, biology, natural resource science and/or management, communications, or other related fields. Additionally, we value an advanced degree or education including, but not restricted to, the field of alternative dispute resolution. Proficient in GoogleDrive (Docs, Sheets, and Slides) and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel). Well-qualified candidates will be comfortable using web-based applications (e.g., Slack, Trello) and web conferencing tools (e.g., Zoom). We also celebrate facilitation and project management certifications!
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE: Strong candidates will have a minimum of three (3) years of employment experience. Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts degree (or equivalent) in marine science, social science, ecology, biology, natural resource science and/or management, communications, or other related fields.
- Location: California, home-based office
- Position Status: Full-time or Part-time
- Benefits: Flexible hours, work from home
- Pay: Commensurate with experience
Equal Opportunity Policy
Strategic Earth is committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We encourage people of every color, orientation, age, sex, gender, ethnicity, and ability to apply. Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns regarding accessibility. We will endeavor to make adjustments throughout the process where possible.
How to Apply
Please apply immediately by submitting your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are always interested in hearing from potential colleagues at the senior level who would be interested in joining our team. If you are interested, we encourage you to submit your qualifications and resume to email@example.com.
Who We Are
Strategic Earth Consulting is a woman-owned, certified micro-business with long-established and respected connections with California’s coastal communities. Using a multi-disciplinary approach, our team designs community-focused outreach initiatives linking science and policy with integrated communications, outreach, and engagement. Strategic Earth has proven success in designing and implementing outreach and engagement strategies based on our commitment to relationship building. We love bringing disparate groups together and creating a neutral space for the equitable exchange of information and ideas. For more information about the type of work that we do, please visit our project portfolio.